Wednesday, January 24, 2007

A peep into my future

I have lived just 1/3rd of my life. The journey has been thus far very convincing and enjoyable. My kiddishness is gone, my adolescense is gone, I have been "behaving" a man for a while now. Henceforth, the journey looks very depressing, very selfish and unenjoyable. The following attributes are going to define my life.

Success yardstick

The career and materialism growth rate is directly proportional to the rate of success I obtain in the coming years. Interestingly, as an example if I achieve 2 certifications and 3 MVPs in next two years, it would mean I get promoted in two years and 1/3rd increase in my materialism. That would mean, I have to be 150% workaholic.

Failure yardstick

The "non-liveable" and "liveable" factor both are directly proportional to the rate of failures. This is a dangerous yardstick. Although it gives the amount of depression I carry over, it also provides an yardstick to measure that I had lived through it. Balancing out will be the toughest part to live through.

Entertainment yardstick

This is another yardstick to measure the "liveability". A cross-functional product of this with the success yardstick gives the measure for better and healthier growth rate. Interestingly this cross-functional product varies inverse-exponentially with the failure yardstick.

Smile yardstick

This is going to be the best of the yardsticks. I would love to measure it, but sadly this yardstick is going to be the least important growth rate wise. Even then, this yardstick is quite important in that, a maintenance of 5 on 10 on an average for the next 10-15 years will be the best for this yardstick.


Did I get too much carried away by self-assessment? May be I should add a "psycho" yardstick, drug yardstick and criminalism yardstick. But I strongly feel, I would not even have time to measure the four primary yardsticks. Enough of gyan, now, get back to your work!

2 comments:

Majorsri said...

well nithy one thing you shouldnt do in life is measure.. i would rather say u live it.. maore fun in doing that..and regarding the 150% workaholism..naa it dont work out like that.. the higher you go it becomes rarified for company and i take the liberty in saying for work also.. so keep living.. and live out the mystery called life... never quantify it as ot doesnt qualify for that..

Meena Sundar said...

i am in a escaping yadstick from ur blog...... mind blowing writings Nithya.... i thought you are a kid.... but your writings proved that you are really very matured :)no offence.
i like your writings... keep writing friend.

my simple advice, don't ever be an workahalic....... it swallows u alive :)